ISO Cleanroom Classifications & Standards
• Truly modular, non-progressive construction featuring full panels provides maximum flexibility to
accommodate new processes and equipment.
• The particles increase by a factor of 10 with every increase in the ISO rank.
• Another grading scale that is used is the US federal standard which is numbered 1, 10, 100, 10,000, and so on.
Federal Cleanroom Classifications
• Although the United States federal cleanroom standards were discontinued by GSA in 2001, this set of standards is still used today.
• Similar ISO standards, the US Federal standard is measured by the number of particles permitted in a given volume of air.